Sat, Feb 09|
Bill R. Johnson Career & Technology Cent
Making Connections South Tarrant
Disability Resources for All Ages, Breakout Sessions, SibShops and More!
Time & Location
Feb 09, 2019, 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM
Bill R. Johnson Career & Technology Cent, 1033 McCart Ave, Crowley, TX 76036, USA
About the event
Making Connections brings community disability resources to one, easily accessed location for families and caregivers to collect information and learn about benefits and services each provide. Making Connections South Tarrant is brought to you by The IDD Council of Tarrant County and Crowley ISD. Event is FREE!
Breakout Sessions will include:
- Sexual Health Education and Puberty
- Life Planning Nuts and Bolts
- Accessing Services through My Health My Resources (MHMR)
- Guardianship: Rush to the Courthouse or Last Resort?
- School and Family: Creating Partnerships with a Purpose
This year we also welcome:
- SibShops, a workshop specifically for 8-13 year old siblings of children with a disability.
- DIY Kid's Workshop, a Home Depot sponsored activity for children 5-13 years of age and all abilities.
Visit https://www.iddcouncil.org/making-connections for more information.